All vehicles impounded by the Russell Police Department for infractions and/or arrests are taken to Russell Police Department Impound Lot. Release of vehicles is obtained at the Russell Police Department, contact
the department or receive directions
Impounded vehicles will be released under the following conditions:
- Proof of ownership is required to release any vehicle. Proof of ownership is defined as the vehicle title or vehicle registration. Personal identification (such as driver's license, state issued identification card, U.S. Armed Forces ID, U.S. Passport, etc.) is also required.
- If the registered owner is unavailable (lives out of town, sick, etc.) a signed and notarized statement must be obtained from the owner to authorize the release of said vehicle to any other person. This authorization should include the full name of the owner, the year, make and model of the vehicle. A copy of the title and/or registration will also be needed with the authorization.
- Payment of the Towing Charge, determined by the wrecker service at the time of tow.
- Payment of the Impound Service Fee, which is currently $25
- Payment of the Daily Storage Fee, which is currently $10 per day, including the day of impound and release.
Payment will be accepted by Cash, Money Order or Certified Bank Check. Credit Cards and Personal Checks are not